Main Page Dynamic Development
The Foundations of Developmental
From Sperm and Egg to Embryo
Genetic Regulation of Development
Organizing the Multicellular
Generating Cell Diversity
Dynamic Development at a
The Developmental Biology Journal
Developmental Biology Tutorial
Development and Cancer
Flip sides of the same coin
- What is G0?
- What is START?
- How do growth factors affect the cell cycle the cell cycle? (Give examples)
- How does the stimulus from a growth factor influence the nucleus?
- How do mutations in growth factors cause cancer? (Give an example)
- How do mutations in growth factor receptors cause cancer? (Give an
- How do mutations in signal transduction molecules cause cancer? (Give
- How do mutations in cell cycle factors cause cancer? (Give an example)
- Why is cancer a multi-step process?
Links to related material
Dr. Richard Carthew of the University of Pittsburgh discusses Development and
See Dr. Peter Bryant's
page at The University of California, Irvine. Dr. Bryant studies tumor
suppressor genes and their human homologs.
new therapeutic approach to cancer treatment.
Are angiogenesis blockers the magic bullets?