1997 Aesop Prize and Accolade List
The Children's Folklore Section of the American Folklore Society confers its Aesop Prize and Aesop Accolades on the most outstanding book or books incorporating folklore published in English for children or young adults.
1997 Aesop Prize
- Earth Tales From Around the World. Text by Michael J. Caduto. Illustrations by Adelaide Murphy Tyrol. Fulcrum Publishing, 1997.
- The Hired Hand: An African-American Folktale. Text by Robert D. San Souci. Illustrations by Jerry Pinkney. Dial Books for Young Readers, 1997.
1997 Aesop Accolades
- Bouki Dances the Kokioko: A Comical Tale from Haiti. Text by Diane Wolkstein. Illustrations by Jesse Sweetwater. Harcourt Brace, 1997.
- The Cricket's Cage: A Chinese Folktale. Text and illustrations by Stefan Czernecki. Hyperion Books for Children, 1997.
- Esther's Story. Text by Diane Wolkstein. Illustrations by Juan
Wijngaard. Morrow Junior Books, 1996.
- Full Moon Stories: Thirteen Native American Legends. Text and
illustrations by Eagle Walking Turtle. Hyperion Books for Children, 1997.
- Musicians of the Sun. Text and illustrations by Gerald McDermott. Simon & Shuster Books for Young Readers, 1997.
- The Sea King's Daughter: A Russian Legend. Text by Aaron Shepard. Illustrations by Gennady Spirin. Atheneum Books for Young Readers, 1997.
Back to the Children's Literature Awards Page
Friday, November 21, 1997
Copyright © 1997 David K. Brown. All rights reserved
The Children's Literature Web Guide