Research Guides and Indexes
indicates an Internet resource that in my opinion is particularly valuable.
- Children's Literature: A Guide to Criticism, by Linnea Hendrickson
- A thorough annotated bibliography of significant articles, books,
and dissertations relating to children's literature criticism.
Originally published by G.K. Hall/Macmillan, 1987; now available (and
searchable) online. Although most of the articles cited here were
originally published in 1985 or earlier, this is an indispensible
resource for the scholar and serious student of Children's
- Kay Vandergrift's Special Interest Page
- Kay Vandergrift is an Associate Professor in the School of Communication Information and Library Studies at Rutgers University. Among her teaching and research interests are Children's and Young Adult Literature, and her Web page is a way of sharing her approaches to the subjects.
- An Index to Andrew Lang's Fairy Books
- Compiled by Emily Crawford.
- Children's Literature Reference Books
- An extensive bibliography based on the collections of the University of Illinois.
- Vanderbilt University: Bibliography of Children's Literature
- Books about children's literature available in the Education Library at Vanderbilt University.
- AskERIC Infoguide to Children's Literature
- A guide to finding information about Children's Literature on the Internet, and through journals, books and ERIC documents.
- AskERIC Infoguide to Folk and Fairy Tales
- A similar guide for folk and fairy tales.
Saturday, March 15, 1997
Copyright © 1994-97 David K. Brown. All rights reserved
The Children's Literature Web Guide