Benefits of Triangulation
Advantages of each complement the other
- resulting in a stronger research design, and
- more valid and reliable findings.
Inadequacies of individual methods are minimized
- threats to Internal Validity are realized and addressed
- Quantitative design strives to control for bias so that facts, instances, phenomena can be understood in an objective way.
- Qualitative approach strives to understand the perspective of participants or a situation by looking at firsthand experience to provide meaningful data.