Called "Chief Holy Rest" by the Blood Indians, Pinkham became Calgary's first Anglican Bishop in 1888. At that time, the Diocese of Calgary covered an area of three thousand square miles. He served as Bishop of Calgary until his retirement in 1926.
A Calgary public school now bears his name (and is often confused as a Catholic School because of it's name, "Bishop Pinkham").
Return to Union Cemetery index