Successful establishment of JTS in New York, financed by established Reform Jews.
Leadership of Solomon Schechter. Faculty included some of the leading Jewish scholars of the world.
Institutional Evolution of Conservative Movement:
- Rabbinical association: Rabbinic Assembly
- Synagogue federation--national: United Synagogues of America
- Synagogue federation--international: World Union of Synagogues
- Youth movement: United Synagogue Youth
- Women's organization: Women's League
- Men's organization: Federation of Jewish Men's Clubs
- Teachers' College
- Cantorial School
- Cantors' Assembly
- Jewish Museum
- Jerusalem Campus
- Camp Ramah
- Solomon Schechter Day Schools
Issues related to status of women:
- "Family seating" in synagogue.
- Retroactive annulment of marriages--1968.
- Counting of women in prayer quorum (minyan) and granting them Aliyyot to read Torah--1973.
- Ordination of women as rabbis--1977-79.