I am a PhD candidate working with Dr. Sheelagh Carpendale in the Innovis Lab, Department of Computer Science, at the University of Calgary. I am interested in how everyday visual thinking methods such as sketching can inform information visualizations. I use a qualitative approach to explore the characteristics of analog visual thinking tools.
- Jagoda Walny, Bongshin Lee, Paul Johns, Nathalie Henry Riche and Sheelagh Carpendale. Understanding Pen and Touch Interaction for Data Exploration on Interactive Whiteboards. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 18(12):2779-2788, December 2012.
- Christian Grossauer, Florian Perteneder, Michael Haller, Jagoda Walny, John Brosz, Anthony Tang and Sheelagh Carpendale. MathSketch: Designing a dynamic whiteboard for instructional contexts. In Proceedings of the SIGCHI Workshop on Educational Interfaces, Software, and Technology, May, 2012. To Appear.
- Jagoda Walny, Sheelagh Carpendale, Nathalie Henry Riche, Gina Venolia, and Philip Fawcett. Visual Thinking In Action: Visualizations As Used On Whiteboards. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (Proceedings Information Visualization 2011), November-December, 2011.
- Jagoda Walny, Jonathan Haber, Marian Dörk, Jonathan Sillito and Sheelagh Carpendale. Follow that Sketch: Lifecycles of Diagrams and Sketches in Software Development. In VISSOFT 2011: Proceedings of International Workshop on Visualizing Software for Understanding and Analysis. IEEE, 2011.
- Jagoda Walny. A framework for semantically verifying schema mappings for data exchange. Master's thesis, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, January 2010.
- Robert Morgan, Jagoda Walny, Henning Kolenda, Estaban Ginez and Frank Maurer. Using Horizontal Displays for Distributed & Collocated Agile Planning. Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Agile Processes in Software Engineering and eXtreme Programming (XP 2007), Como, Italy 2007 (Springer).