See also Biblical Studies section for links to Dictionaries, Concordances and other tools
Collections of Biblical Texts
Specific texts available on the internet include:
- All-in-One Biblical Resources Search - site brings together a number of texts, databases and other resources for Biblical Studies
- PAVONe: Platform of the Arabic Versions of the New Testament
- Bible Hub - multilanguage searching of a variety of editions of the Bible
- The BibleGateway - Search the Bible in several languages and editions - allows phrase searching as well as searching by passage or single word. Also includes audeo Bibles for King James, New American, New International, English Standard, Contemporary English
- Bibel-online.net - Can search in a particular edition or browse to particular chapter and verse. Editions include: Luther 1912, Luther 1545, Biblica Hebraica, Elberfelder 1905, Interlinearubersetzung, Neue Evangelistische and Schlachter 1951.
- Bibeln Online - includes a variety of translations and tools.
- Biblia Sacra - information and reproductions of bibles printed in the Netherlands and Belgium.
- Bibleserver.com - can choose a translation and then the text. Translations include: English Standard Version, New International Version, New International Readers Version, King James Version, Luther 1984, Elberfelder Bibel, Hoffnung fur alle, Schlachter 2000, Neue Genfer Ubersetzung, Gute Nachricht Bibel, Einheisubersetzung, Neues Leven, Die Bibel, Neue evangelistische Ubersetzung, Bible du Semeur, Segond 21, La Parola e Vita, Nuova Riveduta 2006, Het Boek, Nueva Version Internacional, La biblia Textual, O Livro, En Levende Bok, Nya Levande Bibeln, Bebelan pa hverdagsdansk, Bulgarian, Croation, Hungarian, Turkish, Polish Living New Testament, Veren, Setpuatinta, Vulgata
- Bibliotheca Religiosa - collection of Bible texts concordance and word lists (alphabetical, frequency, inverted words and length) includes Douay-Rheims, Louis Segond edition, King James, Luther Bible, Vulgate and Swedish, Portugese, Spanish, Dutch, Modern Greek, Tetum, German, Finnish and Italian translations and texts of the Apocrypha
- Blue Letter Bible - very good search engine, allows you to search by passage, commentary and word. Results are linked to Strong's concordance and lexicon. Passages are displayed in English and in the original Hebrew or Greek.
- The Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts - over 350,000 images of New Testament Manuscripts
- IntraText - over 3,000 texts for religious studies, including Latin Vulgate, Luther's Bible, King James, Douay-Rheims, American Standard, Swahili Bible (New Testament), the French Bible by Louis Segond and a vriety of Apocryphal texts
- Manuscript Comparator - side by side comparisons of up to 5 New Testament manuscripts (Westcott/Hort, Tischendorf 8th ed v2.5, Byzantine/Majority Text, Rextus Receptus (1551 and Textus Receptus (1894)
- Online Bibles - Scripture Resources from Biblica (formerly the International Bible Society ) - includes standard translations as well as non-English Bibles such as Amharic, Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Japanese, Swahili, Kurdish, Malayalam, Ndebele, Nepali Norwegian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Shona, Swedish, Thai, Vietnamese
- Online-Bibeln (Bibelwissenschaft.de) - BHS, Novum Testamentum Graece, Greek New Testament, Setpuaginta, Biblica Sacra Vulgata, King James Version, English Standard Version, Luther Bibel 1984, Gute Nachricht Bibel. Menge-Bibel
- Resource Pages for Biblical Studies - texts, critical material and information on the Bible, Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha, Qumran, Gnotica, Church Fathers, Greco-Roman world and texts by and about Philo
- Corpus of Spanish Biblical Texts - 19 biblical translations in medieval Spanish texts (La Fazienda de Ultramar, Biblia romanceada E3,E4, E5, E6, E7, E8,E19, General Estoria, Biblia de Ajuda, Biblia romanceada de Oxford, Biblioteca romanceada de la BNM, Biblia romanceada de la RAH, Biblia de Arragel, Libro de Job, Libro de Ester, Evangelio y epistalos paulinas. Tool has been developed by the Hispanic Seminary of Medieval Studies
- Unbound Bible -collection of searchable Bibles, includes a number of editions in many different languages, can view results in a parallel display
- World Wide Study Bible (Chrisian Classics Ethereal Library) - Provides KJV, RSV, Young's Literal Translation and Darby Translation for each book of the Bible. Also includes the Concise Matthew Henry Commentary, Easton Bible Dictionary and links to other web resources.
- Book of Ben Sira
- Codex Sinaiticus
- Dead Sea Scrolls
- Five Gospels Parallels - English text of the four canonical gospels and the Gospel of Thomas arranged in parallel columns
- Synoptic Gospels primer: parallel texts in Matthew, Mark and Luke
- Douay-Rheims Bible in English text, concordance and word lists from Bibliotheca Religiosa IntraText
- Douay-Rheims Bible - searchable English text
- Douay-Rheims, Challoner revision ca. 1750 - search and browse the text
- Greek Bible - Novum Testamentum Graece, Nestle-Aland 26th edition, 1979 and The Greek New Testament, 3rd edition 1975
- Greek Bible - Novum Testamentum Graece, Nestle-Aland - 28th ed.
Gutenberg Bible - coloured images of the British Library's two copies of the Gutenberg Bible. Also includes a background section on Gutenberg and the production of the Bible.
- Gutenberg Digital - digitized text and information on Gutenberg
- The King James version, 1999 - Barleby.com publication
- Search the King James Bible and Contemporary English Version using American Bible Society's search engine
- Text of the Latin Vulgate - from Perseus Digital Library
- Latin Vulgate (Saint Jerome)
- Search and browse the RSV Bible /
- New International Version (International Bible Society) can compare to a variety of other versions
- Nag Hammadi Library - includes the key texts: the Gospel of Thomas, and The Secret Book (Apocryphon) of John.
- Pseudepigrapha - Online Critical Pseudepigrapha - "Select a Document" to view Greek text
- Pseudepigrapha, Apocrypha and Sacred Writings - links to sacred texts for a number of religions with a focus on Pseudepigraphal and Apocryphal texts
- Slavonic Pseudepigrapha - overview, texts, translations and bibliographies
- Septuagint Online - English Translation of the Greek Septuagint Bible: The Translation of the Greek Old Testament Scriptures, Including the Apocrypha by Lancelot C.L. Brenton 1851
- Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) - see Jewish texts
- Vetus Latina : Resources for the study of the Old Latin Bible
RETURN TO HOME PAGE
Maintained by Saundra Lipton (