Collections of Biblical Texts
Specific texts available on the internet include:
- All-in-One Biblical Resources Search - site brings together a number of texts, databases and other resources for Biblical Studies
- Ancient Documents - Sumarian, Akkadian, Aramaic, Hebrew, Moabite, Phoenician, Ugaritic, Greek and Latin
- ARTFL Project: Bibles - parallel English, French, German and Latin versions of the Bible
- Audio Bibles - text and matching audio for King James, New American, New Internationa, English Standard, Contemporary English
- BibleCollector - links to translations, manuscripts and study tools
- The BibleGateway - Search the Bible in several languages and editions - allows phrase searching as well as searching by passage or single word
- Bibel-online.net - Can search in a particular edition or browse to particular chapter and verse. Editions include: Luther 1912, Luther 1545, Biblica Hebraica, Elberfelder 1905, Interlinearubersetzung, Neue Evangelistische and Schlachter 1951.
- Bibeln Online - includes a variety of translations and tools.
- Biblia Sacra - information and reproductions of bibles printed in the Netherlands and Belgium.
- Bible Suite - displays parallel versions as well as commentaries on the text
- Bibleserver.com - can choose a translation and then the text. Translations include: English Standard Version, New International Version, New International Readers Version, King James Version, Luther 1984, Elberfelder Bibel, Hoffnung fur alle, Schlachter 2000, Neue Genfer Ubersetzung, Gute Nachricht Bibel, Einheisubersetzung, Neues Leven, Die Bibel, Neue evangelistische Ubersetzung, Bible du Semeur, Segond 21, La Parola e Vita, Nuova Riveduta 2006, Het Boek, Nueva Version Internacional, La biblia Textual, O Livro, En Levende Bok, Nya Levande Bibeln, Bebelan pa hverdagsdansk, Bulgarian, Croation, Hungarian, Turkish, Polish Living New Testament, Veren, Setpuatinta, Vulgata
- Bibles ( Internet Christian Library)
- Biblical Study Links - from Deeper Study
- Biblical Studies on the Web - index to Biblical commentaries and texts available on the web
- Biblical Studies Online (James Crossley)
- Bibliotheca Religiosa - collection of Bible texts concordance and word lists (alphabetical, frequency, inverted words and length) includes Douay-Rheims, Louis Segond edition, King James, Luther Bible, Vulgate and Swedish, Portugese, Spanish, Dutch, Modern Greek, Tetum, German, Finnish and Italian translations
- Blue Letter Bible - very good search engine, allows you to search by passage, commentary and word. Results are linked to Strong's concordance and lexicon. Passages are displayed in English and in the original Hebrew or Greek.
- The Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts
- Concordances to the Bible - Strong's Concordance as well as Brown Driver Briggs Hebrew Lexicon, Thayer's Greek Lexicon and Easton's Bible Dictionary - gives Hebrew word, pronounciation guide, definition and usage count and lists of passages containing the word.
- IntraText - over 3,000 texts for religious studies, including Latin Vulgate, Luther's Bible and the French Bible
- Manuscript Comparator - side by side comparisons of up to 5 New Testament manuscripts (Westcott/Hort, Tischendorf 8th ed v2.5, Byzantine/Majority Text, Rextus Receptus (15510 and Textus Receptus (1894)
- New Testament Virtual Manuscript Room (Institute for New Testament Textual Research) - view images of pages from Greek New Testament manuscripts. Can search by verse. Majority of works are papyri.
- New Testament Resources (Rod Decker)- very good guide to Biblical texts and other resources relevant to the study of the New Testament
- Online Bibles - Scripture Resources from Biblica (formerly the International Bible Society ) - includes standard translations as well as non-English Bibles such as Amharic, Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Japanese, Swahili, Kurdish, Malayalam, Ndebele, Nepali Norwegian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Shona, Swedish, Thai, Vietnamese
- Online-Bibeln (Bibelwissenschaft.de) - BHS, Novum Testamentum Graece, Greek New Testament, Setpuaginta, Biblica Sacra Vulgata, King James Version, English Standard Version, Luther Bibel 1984, Gute Nachricht Bibel. Menge-Bibel
- Resource Pages for Biblical Studies - texts, critical material, information on the Mediterranean world and texts by and about Philo
- Corpus of Spanish Biblical Texts - 19 biblical translations in medieval Spanish texts (La Fazienda de Ultramar, Biblia romanceada E3,E4, E5, E6, E7, E8,E19, General Estoria, Biblia de Ajuda, Biblia romanceada de Oxford, Biblioteca romanceada de la BNM, Biblia romanceada de la RAH, Biblia de Arragel, Libro de Job, Libro de Ester, Evangelio y epistalos paulinas. Tool has been developed by the Hispanic Seminary of Medieval Studies
- Slavonic Pseudepigrapha - overview, texts, translations and bibliographies
- Study Bible - read and search various translations of the Bible.
- Unbound Bible -collection of searchable Bibles, includes a number of editions in many different languages, can view results in a parallel display
- World Wide Study Bible (Chrisian Classics Ethereal Library) - Provides KJV, RSV, Young's Literal Translation and Darby Translation for each book of the Bible. Also includes the Concise Matthew Henry Commentary, Easton Bible Dictionary and links to other web resources.
- World Scripture: a comparative anthology of sacred texts - Excerpts from the scriptures arranged in a thematic approach
- Book of Ben Sira
- Dead Sea Scrolls
- Five Gospels Parallels - English text of the four canonical gospels and the Gospel of Thomas arranged in parallel columns
- Synoptic Gospels primer: parallel texts in Matthew, Mark and Luke
- Douay-Rheims Bible in English text, concordance and word lists from Bibliotheca Religiosa IntraText
- Douay-Rheims Bible - searchable English text
- Douay-Rheims, Challoner revision ca. 1750 - search and browse the ttext
- French Bible by Louis Segond (ARTFL Project) / Concordance to this edition from IntraText site
- Greek Bible - Novum Testamentum Graece, Nestle-Aland 26th edition, 1979 and The Greek New Testament, 3rd edition 1975
- Greek Bible - Novum Testamentum Graece, Nestle-Aland - 28th ed.
Gutenberg Bible - coloured images of the British Library's two copies of the Gutenberg Bible. Also includes a background section on Gutenberg and the production of the Bible.
- Gutenberg Digital - digitized text and information on Gutenberg
- The King James version, 1999 - Barleby.com publication
- Search the King James Bible - ARTFL project
- Search the King James Bible and Contemporary English Version using American Bible Society's search engine
- King James Version - full text and concordance (can search by word and by frequency) - from Bibliotheca Religiosa IntraText
- King James - from University ofVirginia Electronic Text Collecction
- Search the Latin Vulgate Bible ( ARTFL project)-/ Concordance from the IntraText Site
- Text of the Latin Vulgate
- Search Latin Vulgate (ARTFL)
- Latin Vulgate (Saint Jerome)
- Luther's Bible (ARTFL Project) / Concordance to this edition from the IntraText site
- New International Version
- Search the RSV Bible / Browse the Revised Standard Version
- NIV Bible - can read in over 20 languages
- Nag Hammadi Library - includes the key texts: the Gospel of Thomas, and The Secret Book (Apocryphon) of John.
- Paraleipomena Jeremiou - Greek text
- Pseudepigrapha - Online Critical Pseudepigrapha - "Select a Document" to view Greek text
- Pseudepigrapha, Apocrypha and Sacred Writings - links to sacred texts for a number of religions with a focus on Pseudepigraphal and Apocryphal texts
- Septuagint Online: Resources for the Study of the Septuagint and old Greek translations of the Hebrew Scriptures - compiled by Joel Kalvesmaki - includes links to texts and studies on the Septuagint
- Septuagint Online - English Translation of the Greek Septuagint Bible: The Translation of the Greek Old Testament Scriptures, Including the Apocrypha by Lancelot C.L. Brenton 1851
- Soncino Bablyonian Talmud - translated into Englisy by Dr. Epstein, reformatted by Reuven Brauner
- Tanakh in Hebrew - from the Westminister Leningrad Codex (WLC)
of the Westminister Hebrew Institute
- Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) in English - JPS version
- Targumic Texts
- Vetus Latina - text, articles and tools
- Art and the Bible - images of famous works of art based on story in the Bible. Links to Biblical text are included.
- Bible Topics - links verses to various topics
- Biblindex- Index of Biblical quotations and allusions in Early Christian literature (content from Biblia Patristica and other unpublished material) - Note need to register to obtain free access
- Index der Pseudepigraphen des Alten Testaments - provides information on translations of the pseudepigrapha of the Hebrew Bible, secondary material and links to web resources
- iTanakh - "iTanakh was begun in June 2000 as an effort to index internet resources that might be of use in the academic study and teaching of the Hebrew Bible. iTanakh is designed to help everyone from undergraduates to professors emeriti find useful sites on the web."
- Schoyen Collection - guide to biblical manuscripts. Includes images of covers and information on each manuscript including sources of published copies.
- World Scripture: a comparative anthology of sacred texts Excerpts from the scriptures arranged in a thematic approach
RETURN TO HOME PAGE
Maintained by Saundra Lipton (