Religious Studies Web Guide
Maintained by Saundra Lipton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
See also Seminaries,
Colleges and Academic Departments section for guides to locating institutional web sites - you can use the main site to locate the library section
- British Library Catalogue - over 10 million books, journals, reports etc.
- COPAC - union catalogue of 90 university, national and special libraries in UK and Ireland and includes the British Library
- European Library - searches content of European National Libraries - can also browse by subject
- Gateway Bayern - searches over 25 million titles
- GBV - web portal to a number of German libraries.
- The Karlsruhe Virtual Catalogue - union catalogue of European and World libraries.
- IndCat: Online Union Catalogue of Indian Universities -"unified Online Library Catalogues of books, theses and journals available in major university libraries in India. The union database contains bibliographic description, location and holdings information for books, journals and theses in all subject areas available in more than 121 university libraries across the country"
- NACSIS-CAT (CiNii) - union catalogue of Japanese college and university libraries produced by the National Institute of Informatics in Japan. Can be searched in English
- WorldCat - search thousands of library collections
- Dhagpo Kagyu Ling Library - This library specializes in Buddhism and in Tibetan civilization and holds approximately 3,000 works.
- Toyo Bunko (Oriental Library) - " library and research institute dedicated to the study of Asian history and culture. It is the largest Asian Studies Center in the region and one of the five largest in the world." Located in Tokyo, Japan
- Andover-Harvard Theological Library
- Anglican Church of Canada Archives
- Archives or manuscript repositories which contain material relevant to the history of Evangelical Protestantism
- Beinecke Library, Yale - Search the Beinecke Digital Manuscript Collections / Search the Papyrus Collections / Search the Medieval and Renaissance MS Collection
- Bibliotheque Nationale de France - over 8 million items published since the 16th century
- Bibliothèques de l’Université catholique de Louvain
- Billy Graham Center Archives
- searchable archives database
- Church House Library Books Database ( The Library of The General Synod of the Anglican Church of Canada)
- Concordia Historical Institute - Research center on the history of Lutheranism in North America, includes the archives of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod as well as other archival material relevant for the study of Lutheranism.
- Concordia Seminary Library (St. Louis)
- includes image collection with 1,300 photos, prints and postcards
- Congregational Library - includes image collection of 1,300 photos, prints and postcards
- Graduate Theological Union Library
- Dr Williams' Library - " is the pre-eminent research library of English Protestant nonconformity. Established under the will of Dr Daniel Williams, the Library is one of the oldest open to the public still conducted on its original benefaction." See also the Surman Index - brief biographical information on Congregational ministers in Britain
- École Biblique et Archéologique Française - their catalogue is a comprehensive database of books and journal articles on biblical studies and archaeology
- James White Library - Seventh Day Adventist resources
- Hill Monastic Manuscript Library Search - online catalogue to over 70,000 manuscript records in Syriac and other oriental languages
- Search Vivarium to locate digital images
- Luther Seminary Library
- Meadville/Lombard Theological School - important archive for documents on Unitarian Universalist history
- Methodist Archives and Research Centre at John Rylands University Library of Manchester
- Mundus: Gateway to missionary collections in the United Kingdom - guide to the holdings of over 400 collections of overseas missionary materials held in the United Kingdom.
- Pentecostal and Charismatic Research Archive - "online digital archive of primary historical materials - correspondence, organizational records, tracts, sermons, diaries, photographs, oral histories - from different regions of the world"
- Pontifical Biblical Institute Library
- Salvation Army International Heritage Centre Catalogue - descriptions of documents and books in their archive and library
Saskatoon Theological Union
- Schoenberg Database of Manuscripts - comprehensive collection of mansuscripts produced prior to 1600. Can limit by a wide variety of fields including "liturgical use"
Union Theological Seminary Burke Library - one of the largest theological libraries in North America - search holdings via CLIO
- KU Leuven Libraries - Maurits Sabbe Library (Theology) -- over 1 million volumes on theology and religious studies
- Vatican Library - Archival Holdings
- Yale University Divinity School Library
- American Jewish University Library (Ostrow Library and Burton Sperber Memorial Jewish Community Library of Los Angeles) - over 100,000 print volumes
- Baltimore Hebrew Institute (Towson University)
- British Library Hebrew Manuscript Collection - selected images are available online - search "Hebrew"
- Canadian Jewish Congress Charities Committee National Archives - extensive information on the holdings of the Archives including a searchable collections guide.
- Central Archives for the History of the Jewish People - Now merged with the National Library of Israel - very extensive collection archival material from Jewish organizations and private individuals dating from Middle Ages to the present
- Digitized Manuscript Collection (National Library of Israel)
- Feinstein Center for American Jewish History Repositories Database
- Genizah Research Unit in the Cambridge University Library
- Institute of Microfilmed Hebrew Manuscripts
(Jewish National and University Library) - Information about this collection of over 70,000 Hebrew manuscripts, including a list of libraries containing the microfiche catalogue of the Institute.
Jewish Braille Institute Library
- Jewish Community Library of Los Angeles
- Jewish National and University Library (Hebrew University)- includes the catalogue of the Institute of Microfilmed Hebrew Manuscripts and the Israeli National Bibliography (Qiryat Sefer) List of Personal Archives.
- Jewish Public Library (Montreal, Quebec)
- Jewish Theological Seminary Library (over 400,000 volumes) - Collections including manuscripts, rare books, archives - Guide to JTS Archives
- Jewish Women's Archives - includes a number of full-text resources
- Judiaca Libraries/Archives/Research Centers (Princeton University Library)
- Judaica Libraries and Archives on the Web (Bibliomaven)
- National Yiddish Book Center - listing 1.4 million out-of-print Yiddish books. Can read 11,000 titles free of charge through Steven Spielberg Digital Library
- New York Public Library - major resource for study of Judaism - Dorot Jewish Divsion has a number of Research Guides
- Royal Library, Copenhagen Judaica Collection
- Saul Silber Memorial Library, Hebrew Theological College - "one of the largest Judaica libraries in the Midwest"
- Simon Wiesenthal Center Library and Archives - Catalogue Search - Digital Archives Search
- Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership - Asher Library
- over half a million items in the collection - search catalog . Note if you become a member of Spertus or join SpertusNet you get access to Feinberg E-collection.
- Yeshiva University Library -see also Archival Collection Finding Aids
RETURN TO HOME PAGE
You are visitor since July 1, 2000
Maintained by Saundra Lipton (email@example.com)