Christian Texts - Sacred and Historical
Maintained by Saundra Lipton (
Collections / Early Church / Adventist / Anglican / Catholic Church / The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints / Lutheran / Mennonite / Methodist / Quakers / Shakers
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library - includes author/title/subject index and covers a wide range of authors from St. Augustine To G.K. Chesterton and John Donne
- Christian Works from the Cambridge Digitial Library- biblical manuscripts and liturgical texts covering over 1,000 years
- Fire and Ice: Puritan and Reformed writings
- Goussen Library Collection - specialized library for oriental church history - digitized texts in "oriental languages such as Syrian, Coptic, Ethiopian, Arabic, Armenian and
Georgian languages from the 16th to the 20th century (the focus is on the 18th
and the 19th century)."
- comprehensive index to hymns and hymnals
- Internet Medieval Sourcebook: Roman Church , Crusades, Papacy, Medieval Church
- Post-Reformation Digital Library - extensive collection of texts for Zwingli and many others.
- Restoration Movement Texts - site is currently unavailable (September 14,2017)
- Apostolic Fathers (Lightfoot)
- Augustine: Confessions
- e-Catena - Allusions to the New Testament in the Anti-Nicene Fathers - permits researchers to locate where in the writings of the early church fathers you will find citations to biblical passges. Links to full text from Christian Classics Ethereal Library
Early Christian Writings - large collection of texts in English including Didache
- Church Fathers (New Advent)
- Church Fathers - texts in German from the Bibliothek derKirchenväter - The "Bibliothek der Kirchenväter" (BKV) is a series that made a large selection of patristic works accessible in German translation to an interested public. It was published by O. Bardenhewer in two series. Series I comprises 61 volumes and appeared in the years 1911-31. Series II contains 20 volumes and was published in the years 1934-38."
- Early Church Fathers (Christian Classics Ethereal Library)-the majority of texts from the 38 volumes collection, texts are divided into three sections, Ante-Nicene and Nicence and Post-Nicene Fathers. Can key word search the entire collection.
- Early Christian Writings - New Testament, Apocrypha, Gnostics, Church Fathers
- Early Church Fathers (additional texts) - including Polycarp, Hermias, Eusebius, Gregory of Nyssa, Ananias of Shirak etc.
- Internet Ancient History Sourcebook: Christian Origins - links to texts and other resources for Dead Sea Scrolls, Gnostic Texts, Nag Hammadi Library, Early Church etc,hristian-history.html> Guide to Early Church Documents (Internet Christian Library) - nice site for patristic texts, cannons, related texts and miscellaneous NT documents
- Patristic Fathers links to English and Greek texts for works of Patrologia Latina and Patrologia Graeca
- Syriac Studies Reference Library - can keyword search or browse the collection by Ancient Author or Councils, Dictionaries, Grammar, Hagiography, Liturgy etc.
- The Syriac Library - links to following texts in Syriac - New Testament, Eusebius of Caesarea's Encomium on the martyrs and On the Star, Joshua the Stylite's Chronicle, Thomas of Edessa's De nativitate and De epiphania (on chapter titles) .
- Syriac Electronic Corpus (Neal A. Maxwell Institue for Religious Scholarship) - Syriac texts of Cause of all Causes, Acts of Thomas, Barhebraeus's Ecclesiastical History, Metrical Grammar and Treatise of Treatises and a variety of chronicles - Chronicle of Edessa, Khuzistan Chronicle, Maronite Chronicle, Chronicle to the Year 724, Chronicle from Adam to the third Abbasid Cliph, Zuqnin Chronicle, Chronicle of 813, Chronicle 845. Also links to Dictionaries, Grammars, Bibles and Studies
- Tertullian Project
Specific Texts by Religious Group:
- Ellen G. White's writings
- ASTR - Seventh-day Adventists' Office of Archives, Statistics and Research - Online Archives
- Anglican Church of Canada Official Statements Database -
"Search official statements from the Anglican Church of Canada,
consisting of resolutions from General Synod (1924 to 2004); Council of
General Synod (1995 to November 2004); House of Bishops (1970 to
November 2004); National Executive Council (August 1965 to June 1995);
and Anglican News Service Press releases (1966 to 2005). You can search
by the text of the resolutions, title, date and / or subject headings.
- Anglican Consultative Council Database (
General Synod of the Anglican Church of Canada) -"Search for Anglican Consultative Council resolutions from 1971 to 2005, by date, text of resolution, and/or subject heading." and Lambeth Conference Resolutions
- Book of Common Prayer - full-text of many difference editions / Common Worship
- Primate's Theological Commission (Anglican Church of Canada) - St. Michael Report (2004) -Blessing of Same-Sex Unions, The Galilee Report (2009)
- Codex Iuris Canonici
- Corpus Thomisticum - complete works of Thomas Aquinas as well as index, dictionary and bibliography
- Documenta Catholica Omnia
- Jesuit relations and allied documents: 1610-1792 -"This site nearing the completion of the entire English translation of the The Jesuit Relations and
Allied Documents, originally compiled and edited by Reuben Gold Thwaites and published by The
Burrows BrothersCompany, Cleveland, throughout the latter part of the nineteenth century. Each file
represents the total English contents of a single published volume."
- Dorothy Day
- Papal Encyclicals Online
- II Vatican Council Documents - from the Vatican site
- II Vatican Council - documents with a full-text search engine from www.stjoseph.at
- II Vatican Council documents from Intratext.com
- Vatican Web Site
Book of Mormon - Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Book of Mormon - from University of Virginia Library
- Book of Mormon - from University of Pennsylvania
- Mormon Texts - " books, missionary tracts, doctrinal treatises, hymnals and periodicals which helped define the doctrinal development and historical movements of the Mormon people in the 19th century." - from BYU digital collections
- Project Wittenberg - works by and about Martin Luther
- Augsburg Confession
- Wesley Center Online - texts of John and Charles as well as the Holiness Tradition, John Fletcher etc.
- Wesley's (John) sermons - title index
to full text (Global Ministries United Methodist Church)
- Digital Quaker Collection - "DQC is a digital library containing full text and page images of over 500 individual Quaker works from the 17th and 18th centuries."
- Shaker Manuscripts On-Line
Maintained by Saundra Lipton (
You are visitor since July 14, 1998