Maintained by Saundra Lipton (email@example.com) and Cheryl Adams ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
General / Ancient Religions/ Baha'i / Biblical Studies / Buddhism / Christianity / Hinduism / Islam / Judaism / Shinto / Sikhism / Taoism / Zoroastrianism / Language Dictionaries
- Concise Dictionary of Religion by Irving Hexham - very good glossary to religious studies concepts and people.
- DRH: Database of Religious History - "First comprehensive online quantitative and qualitative encyclopedia of religious cultural history"
- Encyclopedia of the Unusual and Unexplained
- Encyclopedia Mythica - extensive guide to mythology, folkore and religion. Can browse areas of mythology such as African, Chinese, Celtic, Arthurian Legend, folktales throught the "Jump to area" drop-down box
- Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics
- Encyclopedia of Religion and Society - edited by William H. Swatos, Jr.
- Internet History Sourcebooks Project - note sections for Christian Origins, Roman Church, Crusades, Papacy,
Medieval Church,India, Islam, Judaism and Religious Traditions of East Asia
- Index of Cults - compilation of information on cults prepared by the Watchman Fellowship
- Interdisciplinary Encylopedia of Religion and Science
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Overview of World Religions Project
- New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge by Philip Schaff - 13 vols. - from Classics Ethereal Library)
- The Skeptic's Dictionary
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Wissenschaftlich-Religionspadägogische Lexikon im Internet (WiReLex)
- Christian Cyclopedia - ed. by Erwin Lueker and produced by the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. Focus on biographical information
see also Language Dictionaries and Translators Webpage for links to a wide variety of language dictionaries
Ancient Languages/Semitic Languages
Sanskrit, Pali, Tamil and other South Asian Languages
- Digital Corpus of Sanskrit - " is a searchable collection of lemmatized Sanskrit texts"
- Digital Dictionaries of South Asia - many south Asian Languages including Hindi, Bengali, Malayalam, Pali, Sanskrit and Urdu
- Imperial Gazetteer of India
- Hobson-Jobson: a glossary of Colloquial Anglo-Indian Words and Phrases and of Kindred Terms, Etymological, Historical, Geographical and Discursive
- Pali-English Dictionary ( Pali Text Society)
- Sanskrit, Tamil Dictionary Search - can search by Sanskrit, Tamil, or English word - consists of Cologne Digital Sanskrit Lexicon, Capeller's Sanskrit-English Dictionary and Cologne Online Tamil Lexicon.
- Sanskrit Dictionary - based on the work by Apte
Sanskrit-Engish Dictionary - Monier-Williams
- Shorter English-Nepali Dictionary - by Major T. Warren
RETURN TO HOME PAGE
You are visitor since July 1, 2000
Maintained by Saundra Lipton (email@example.com)