Two-Page CV: Academic, Research, Last Years’ Focus
INSTITUTION SPECIALIZATION DEGREE
University of Rome Ecology NSERC Postdoctoral Fellow 2005
University of Calgary Applied Animal Ecology PhD 2003
University of Siena, Italy Ecology Master Degree (with honours) 1997
Professor, tenured Biological Sciences, University of Calgary
(Assistant Prof 2005-2010; Associate Prof 2011-2015)
Professor, tenured (joint position) Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Calgary
Faculty Affiliate Wildlife Biology Program, College of Forestry and Conservation, University of Montana
Marco is a Professor in the Dept. of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science. He also has a Joint Appointment with the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Calgary. His lab has a strong focus on landscape ecology, molecular ecology, and wildlife conservation. He also studied wildlife movements and their reaction to people using multi-agent models.
Marco is Principal Investigator on projects on caribou, elk, moose, wolves, grizzlies and other wildlife species throughout the Rocky Mountains and Foothills regions of Canada. All such projects are run together with graduate students and have applications towards impact assessment, mainly of human infrastructure.
His focus is on academic matters. However, he also serves as reviewer for research and management projects, and acted as a consultant for the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (working on conflicts with wildlife).
PAST ACADEMIC HONOURS
· "EMERALD AWARD", 2013, Recipient: Montane Elk Project.
· NSERC PDF (Postdoctoral), 2003
· NSERC PGS B (Doctoral), 2001
· Honorary Killam Memorial Scholarship, 2001
· Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship, 2001
· Italian National Research Council Study Abroad Scholarship, Molecular Biology, 2001
· Italian National Research Council Study Abroad Scholarship, BioMed, 2001
· Italian National Research Council Study Abroad Scholarship, Biology, 2000
· University of Rome Study Abroad Scholarship, BioMed, 1999
· Government of Canada Award, 1998
· Government of Poland Award, 1995
Curriculum Vitae (CV): musiani-cv-last-6-years_extract-from-nserc-form-100.pdf
Listen to the audio from: http://people.ucalgary.ca/~mmusiani/VOA%20Musiani.mp3
It's an interview with Voice of America, Science World. VOA has 130+ million people audience and the piece is about one of our projects on Wolves, Elk, Humans and Ecosystem Effects.
Listen to the audio from: http://people.ucalgary.ca/~mmusiani/Reindeer_caribou_climate_Radio_Canada_Internat.mp3
It's an interview with Radio Canada International and the piece is about one of our projects on Reindeer, Caribou, and Climate Change.