Norm Bartley and Steve Norman, Course Instructors
Fall Session, 2016
Welcome to the ENEL 353 Course Home Page!
- Happy New Year to All! (Posted January 3, 2017.)Our very best wishes for a happy and successful 2017!
- Course Grades Now Available: (Posted January 3, 2017.)Course grades are now approved and are visible on Student Centre. Final exam scores are now also visible on D2L. If you wish to review your final exam, unfortunately, you must wait until the deferred final exams are run in mid-January, and then you can purchase a copy of your exam from the Engineering Student Centre.
Here are the grade boundaries:
- A+ [92.6% and above]
- A [87.9 - 92.6%]
- A- [83.2 - 87.9%]
- B+ [78.5 - 83.2%]
- B [73.8 - 78.5%]
- B- [69.1 - 73.8%]
- C+ [64.4 - 69.1%]
- C [59.7 - 64.4%]
- C- [55.0 - 59.7%]
- D+ [52.5 - 55.0%]
- D [48.0 - 52.5%]
- F [below 48%]
Reminder: A final exam score of at least 35% (33.95/97) is needed to pass the course.
- Final Exam, Monday December 12, 3:30-6:30 PM (Posted December 1, 2016.)The ENEL 353 Final Exam is scheduled for Monday, December 12, at 3:30-6:30 PM.
Room allocations are as follows:
- Section L01 (Norm Bartley): Please go to ICT 102.
- Section L02 (Steve Norman): Please go to ICT 121.
Steve Norman's 2016 ENEL 353 home page
Norm Bartley's 2016 ENEL 353 page for lecture notes
Official 2016 Course Outline
University Calendar Description
Schulich School of Engineering Course Policies
Emergency Classroom Evacuation and Assembly Points
Laboratory Information, Synopsis and Schedule (Updated September 1, 2016.)
Quartus Information Page and Supplementary Laboratory Information (Updated October 10, 2016.)
Schulich School of Engineering Laboratory Scheduling -- All 2016/2017 Courses (Updated August 31, 2016.)
Practice Problem Sets (Updated December 6, 2016; Practice problem set #6 posted.)
Answers to Problems from the Publisher's "Companion Site" for the Course Textbook (Updated August 31, 2016.)
Solutions to Current Quizzes and Examinations:
Past Midterm Examinations and Solutions:
- Quiz #1 and solutions (Updated October 1, 2016).
- Quiz #2 and solutions (Updated October 14, 2016).
- 2016 Midterm Exam and solutions (Updated November 8, 2016).
- Quiz #3 and solutions (Updated November 9, 2016).
- Quiz #4 and solutions (Updated November 21, 2016).
- Quiz #5 and solutions. (Updated December 6, 2016).
NOTE: Midterm and Final exams given below that are earlier than 2013 are based on textbooks other than the one now currently used. The topics in the course at those times were taught in a slightly different way and using different notation.
- 2015 Midterm exam and solutions.
- 2014 Midterm exam and solutions.
- 2013 Midterm exam and solutions.
- 2011 Midterm exam and solutions.
- 2006 Midterm exam and solutions.
- 2005 Midterm exam and solutions.
- 2004 Midterm exam and solutions.
Past Final Examinations and Solutions:
- 2014 Final Exam and solutions.
- 2013 Final Exam and solutions.
- 2008 Final exam and solutions.
- 2006 Final exam and solutions.
- 2005 Final exam and solutions.
- 2004 Final exam and solutions.
Norm Bartley (L01, T01, B01, B02):
Office ICT 306, Phone 220-5060.
Steve Norman (L02, T02, B03, B04):
Office ICT 411, Phone 220-8642.