Norm Bartley, Course Instructor
Fall Session, 2019
Welcome to Norm's cheap-plastic ENEL 593 Course Home Page!
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year, Happy Everything! (Updated December 17, 2019)
My very best wishes to all.
- Unofficial results: (Updated December 17, 2019.)A complete summary of course marks is now given on D2L. The "Final Adjusted Grade" column is the grade calculated by taking the best three of four quizzes. Your course letter grade is calculated using the "Final Adjusted Grade" and the grade boundaries listed on the course outline:
- A+ [92% and up]
- A [81% - 92%]
- A- [76.5% - 81%]
- B+ [72% - 76.5%]
- B [67.5% - 72%]
- B- [63% - 67.5%]
- C+ [58.5% - 63%]
- C [54% - 58.5%]
- C- [49.5% - 54%]
- D+ [45% - 49.5%]
- D [40.5% - 45%]
- The mean on the final exam is 68.36%, the median score is 66.5%, and the standard deviation is 19.67%. The highest score on the final exam is 105%, and the highest overall score in the course is 102.49%.
- The overall course GPA is 3.27.
Official 2019 Course Outline
ENEL 593 University Calendar Description
Schulich School of Engineering Advising Syllabus
Emergency Classroom Evacuation and Assembly Points
SU Wellness and Campus Mental Health Strategy.
Current Schedule of Labs and Quizzes (Updated August 20, 2019.)
Schulich School of Engineering Laboratory Scheduling -- All 2019/2020 Courses (Updated August 20, 2019.)
Practice Problems with Solutions (on D2L)
Table of z-transform pairs for reference (Updated October 23)
Solutions to Current Quizzes and Exams:
Past Midterm Exams
Past Final Exams
- 2015 midterm exam and solutions.
- 2014 midterm exam and solutions.
- 2013 midterm exam and solutions.
- 2006 midterm exam and solutions.
- 2004 midterm exam and solutions.
Office ICT 306, Phone 220-5060.
Norm's Fall/Winter Teaching Schedule