Norm Bartley, Course Instructor
Fall Session, 2017
Welcome to Norm's cheap-plastic ENEL 593 Course Home Page!
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year, Happy Everything! (Updated December 20, 2017)
My very best wishes to all.
- Unofficial Course Grade Calculation: (Updated December 17, 2017.)A complete summary of course marks is now given on D2L. Two new grade items are there: "Final Weighted Total," and "Unofficial Course Grade." If you discover an error in the calculation, please let Norm know right away. Your unofficial course grade is calculated using the grade boundaries listed on the course outline and repeated here:
- A+ [92% and up]
- A [81% - 92%]
- A- [76.5% - 81%]
- B+ [72% - 76.5%]
- B [67.5% - 72%]
- B- [63% - 67.5%]
- C+ [58.5% - 63%]
- C [54% - 58.5%]
- C- [49.5% - 54%]
- D+ [45% - 49.5%]
- D [40.5% - 45%]
- The mean on the final exam is 65.95%, a smidge higher than last year's 65.02%. Two students tied for the highest final exam score of 104%, and the highest overall score in the course is 102.75%.
- The overall course GPA is 3.38.
- Here is the final exam distribution:
- Update (Thursday, December 20): Grades are now official, and are available on Student Centre.
Official 2017 Course Outline
ENEL 593 University Calendar Description
Schulich School of Engineering Course Policies
Emergency Classroom Evacuation and Assembly Points
Current Schedule of Labs and Quizzes (Updated September 5, 2017.)
Schulich School of Engineering Laboratory Scheduling -- All 2017/2018 Courses (Updated September 5, 2017.)
Practice Problems with Solutions (on D2L)
Solutions to Current Quizzes and Exams:
Past Midterm Exams
Past Final Exams
- 2015 midterm exam and solutions.
- 2014 midterm exam and solutions.
- 2013 midterm exam and solutions.
- 2006 midterm exam and solutions.
- 2004 midterm exam and solutions.
Office ICT 306, Phone 220-5060.
Norm's Fall/Winter Teaching Schedule