Norm Bartley, Course Instructor
Fall Session, 2018
Welcome to Norm's cheap-plastic ENEL 593 Course Home Page!
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year, Happy Everything! (Updated December 19, 2018)
My very best wishes to all.
- Final grades now official: (Updated December 19, 2018.)A complete summary of course marks is now given on D2L. (Note: D2L's Final Calculated Grade does not take into account that we're counting only the best three of four quizzes.) Your course grade is calculated using the grade boundaries listed on the course outline:
- A+ [92% and up]
- A [81% - 92%]
- A- [76.5% - 81%]
- B+ [72% - 76.5%]
- B [67.5% - 72%]
- B- [63% - 67.5%]
- C+ [58.5% - 63%]
- C [54% - 58.5%]
- C- [49.5% - 54%]
- D+ [45% - 49.5%]
- D [40.5% - 45%]
- The mean on the final exam is 77.4%, a full 10% higher than a year ago. Two students got at least 100% on the exam, and the highest overall score in the course is 101.1%.
- The overall course GPA is 3.58, up from 3.38 last year.
- Here is the final exam distribution:
Official 2018 Course Outline
ENEL 593 University Calendar Description
Schulich School of Engineering Advising Syllabus
Emergency Classroom Evacuation and Assembly Points
SU Wellness and Campus Mental Health Strategy.
Current Schedule of Labs and Quizzes (Updated October 10, 2018.)
Schulich School of Engineering Laboratory Scheduling -- All 2018/2019 Courses (Updated September 5, 2018.)
Practice Problems with Solutions (on D2L)
Solutions to Current Quizzes and Exams:
Past Midterm Exams
Past Final Exams
- 2015 midterm exam and solutions.
- 2014 midterm exam and solutions.
- 2013 midterm exam and solutions.
- 2006 midterm exam and solutions.
- 2004 midterm exam and solutions.
Office ICT 306, Phone 220-5060.
Norm's Fall/Winter Teaching Schedule